October 19, 2011

The teens have spoken...


During August and September, nine thousand of them voted to decide what the Teens Top Ten books would be for this past year. Yesterday, YALSA kicked off Teen Read Week by announcing the winners. Some of them were destined to be there. Others are making me scratch my head. My favorite of the bunch? Definitely Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, closely followed by Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.


Here's the list:

1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
4. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
6. Matched by Ally Condie
7. Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson
8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
10. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


What do you think? Is there a book they forgot to mention? I think it's an absolute crime that Anna and the French Kiss (my favorite book so far this year!) by Stephanie Perkins, Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride and White Cat by Holly Black weren't part of the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment