January 3, 2007

WPPL 2.0

Welcome to the shiny and new Teens Place! You may have noticed (or you may not have if this is your first online stop at the library today) that our entire Library’s Web site has been redesigned by our dedicated Web committee and design genius Alex. Since this small corner of the cyberverse is under my care (me being Lisa the YA Librarian…Hi!), let me take you on a brief tour.

To your left, you will see a future library book that I think is worth giving you a heads up. I’m a big fan of the Sisterhood series by Ann Brashares, and this looks to be the last one, so….heads up! If you click on the book cover, you will be taken to the catalog record where you can get dibs on checking the book out when it finally arrives. Also, below the cover, you can click for more new stuff and see everything new in the YA department including CDs, video games, movies and those rectangular things we call books.

Directly below the blog is a list of what programs are coming up for teens. Right now you can register for Basic Yoga Techniques, which will take place on January 23. Upcoming programs that I haven’t listed yet include making calligraphy valentines for your sweeties and a Mardi Gras party with king cake and my now famous gumbo! Stay tuned for more info.

The purple box below Happenings is your gateway to What to Read Next. Need to read a biography that’s over 100 pages? Looking for some good vampire books? This is the place to click. Keep checking back! I’m adding new stuff all the time.

Lastly is the Web links section. Now I know you all have favorite sites and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love Google for finding quick answers. The problem is that everyone and their Uncle Joe can post stuff on the ‘net. Do I trust Uncle Joe to tell me the reasons behind the creation of the United Nations or what the bestselling PS3 games are? Um, I think not. The sites included on this page are reliable sources of info and/or seriously fun things I’ve found while clicking. Take a gander. I’d even love to hear your suggestions for cool Web sites.

Ok, this first blog entry is almost as long as my first college essay, so I’ll say adios for now. Stay tuned, and I’ll see you at the Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment